So, you’re getting a little fancy with your PC desktop and want to add a 2nd hard drive. Either you did already or you want to. The point here is you can’t see it as your computer won’t recognize it for some reason. What do you do?
Before getting to the solution, let’s discuss why you may want a second hard drive. The obvious reason is more space. A second hard drive is an easy way to store more photos, documents, and music. Or you may want your computer to take a mirror image of your first hard drive. Then, the second hard drive comes in handy.
Here’s how to get your PC to recognize the 2nd hard drive:
- Unplug any external USB or firewire devices. The computer may think these devices are supposed to be booted up to and may ruin the start-up process.
- Open up your desktop and check the cables. Make sure the SATA and power connectors are secure on both hard drives.
- Boot into your BIOS and make sure you can see both drives. You’ll have to check your computer manufacturer info on how to boot into the BIOS since all PC’s are different. Make sure the boot priority is correct with which hard drives you want to be the primary and secondary. The original hard drive your PC came with should be marked as first.
If you have further PC issues or need further Windows repair service in NYC, you may contact New York Computer Help’s PC support division for service.
2014 is around the corner which means your New Year’s resolution may include getting fit, spending more time with family, and controlling your expenses.
Our computer insurance special will meet the most important goal: cutting expenses.
Here’s the New York Computer Help 2014 Computer Insurance Special:
- Unlimited 2014 computer repair services for your PC or Mac (laptop or desktop), iPhone, or iPad
- Just pay one flat rate of $125 for the entire year for one device
- Buy 5 specials for your devices, and get the 6th free!
- Must sign up by December 31, 2013
- Fix slow computer / not starting up issues
- Computer Virus and spyware removals
- Operating system repairs and installs
- File back-ups and transfers
- Tune-ups and maintenance
- Internet, wireless, email, and other computer issues
- Service for part replacements (i.e. hard drives, LCD screens, RAM, and all equipment)
- iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G /iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, mini screen replacements & battery, power/volume/home button, back repairs. Please note only one issue is covered per incident. 2nd incident is billable. For example, if your iPhone screen and battery need replacement, iPhone screen will be insured, but battery replacement is an extra charge. Also, you are allotted up to 3 total repairs per device throughout 2014. We are covering your part costs for these devices so we have to cap it somewhere.
What’s not covered?
- Computer parts and software – this is a service-only special for computers. For example, if your hard drive fails, your service to install a new hard drive, operating system, and recover files (if the hard drive is physically intact) is on us. But, the part cost for the hard drive is an additional expense.
- Onsite & remote service – special only applies to drop-off technology repairs at 53 East 34th St
- Data recovery – this is a different service on a larger scale. Please note that data transfers and light file recoveries from physically-okay hard drives are covered.
- iPhone/iPad logic boards or water damage – you should just get a new device if it’s this severe since part replacements are exorbitant
- Dead iPhone or iPad – If your device is rendered dead due to chipset (integrated controller) part issues, heavy impact (i.e. truck drove over it), multiple part issues, or otherwise, we will do whatever we can to salvage it. But, if it is not reasonable to repair, it will not be repaired. That being said, we will do everything in our power to repair it when possible.
- iPhone 5S / 5C and iPad Air and iPad mini with retina display and newer iPhone & iPad models – sorry, the repair parts are too expensive to include these models.
- Transferable devices – We will assign your specific device to the special. You cannot transfer it to other devices. You may sign up for more than one device.
Why you should sign up?
- It’s cheaper - Typical computer repair service averages $170 per issue. Paying for computer insurance instantly reduces your total 2014 bill. One less thing to worry about when going over the office or family budget. That’s an easy way to limit your computer repair costs!
It’s faster and easier - Traditional insurance companies require written diagnostics and lengthy paperwork, leading to delayed reimbursement and increased deductibles. Not with us! Just pay the annual fee, and repairs are done promptly.
Snapchat – just another kind of photo app, right? Wrong! If you happen to take a peek at a college kid’s iPhone, chances are, Snapchat is on there. What is Snapchat? Snapchat allows you to send a message with a picture or video. Then, is lives for only 1 – 10 seconds depending on how long you’d like it to be there. Then, it’s gone. What’s the big deal with this?
Snapshot allows you to send an image or video that may come back to haunt you without any reservations. Unlike Facebook or an email, this picture only is around until 10 seconds of time. Then, it’s gone and cannot be used against you in a court of law or otherwise. So, kids love it! They can send pictures without the accountability. For example, see too much drinking at the fraternity house, or hooking up with another girl, or just plain looking like an idiot. Send all the incriminating photos and videos you can find, and guess what? No accountability. A little scary, but kids or adults and gloat about their achievements, or low-lights, and not have to worry about the consequences.
You’re probably asking right now, “There has to be a way to capture these photos or videos, right?” Yes, with an iPhone or Mac or Android you can capture the screen itself which would allow you to save the photo. So, you’re not really in the true clear with Snapchat.
Please note Snapchat is not allowed for those under 13 years old. That’s a bit of a relief. I wouldn’t want to see some 4 year old picking his nose and showing the world.
As per the tech setup, it’s pretty easy. Just download the app and request your friends to accept you, and snap away.
The Dock is the heart of your Mac. It holds the most accessed programs and make it convenient to get to your popular apps. Apple support starts your Dock on the bottom of your screen, but you can do many things to personalize it for you.
Here’s how you can customize your MacBook Dock:
- Make it bigger or smaller - Go to Apple menu->-Dock->Dock Preferences and adjust the size with the slider.
- Move the dock to the left or right - Go to Apple->Dock-> and place the Position on Left or Position on Right.
- Hide the Dock - Just don’t want the dock, go to Apple->Dock->Turning Hiding On.
- Adding a new icon to the dock - Click on your selected item->Drag the icon out of the Finder window and onto the Dock.
No MacBook support experience needed here. Four simple steps to customize your Mac dock. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Ever wanted to show your iPhone screen on your big TV screen? You can certainly do it.
- Buy the Apple TV if you don’t have one.
- You’ll need a wireless router which I’m sure you have.
- Go to your iPhone and swipe up to show your Control Center.
- Tap AirPlay to see your TV.
- Tap your TV and then Mirroring.
- Enjoy seeing your iPhone screen on your TV!
You definitely don’t have to be an NYC Apple technician for this one. It’s easy and you’ll really have fun seeing your phone on your big screen.
Did you just crack your Samsung Galaxy S3 screen? Don’t worry, it’s not a big deal for us to replace it. Plus, you can switch the color if you’d like also. Black, white, red, blue, pink, and gray are the colors you may choose.
Please note that, in many cases, just the glass needs to be replaced which means your Samsung Galaxy S3 screen replacement service would be half of the normal cost. This color screen replacement deals with just the outer glass itself, not the LCD. That way, you don’t have to spend hundreds of unnecessary dollars.
Go to New York Computer Help any day at 53 East 34th Street in NYC for your Samsung Galaxy S3 color screen replacement change.