You just got an iPhone. Yay! But, you don’t have any of your old Blackberry contacts. Boo! Don’t fret. There are just a few simple steps to follow, and you’ll be able to be in touch with all your contacts again on your iPhone.
Here’s how to transfer your Blackberry contacts to your iPhone:
- On your blackberry, go to: www.google.com/mobile/sync and click the Download App to the right for Blackberry. Enter your cell phone number
- Click the Google Sync icon after the install, enter your Gmail account (create one if you don’t have one) or Google Apps account. Keep in mind your contacts as well as calendar entries will be merged in your Google account. If you want to keep it separate, create a new Gmail account.
- Click the Sync button and wait until your contacts are uploaded to Google.
- On your computer, go to www.google.com/contacts and make sure your Blackberry contacts are all there.
- On your new iPhone, go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Add Account->Microsoft Exchange
- Email/username: enter your full Gmail address; Server: type in: m.google.com; and leave Domain blank.
- Select contacts to be synced (along with calendars and gmail messages) to your iPhone.
That’s it. Just follow these 7 steps to transfer your Blackberry contacts to your iPhone. Pretty simple if you just take the time to follow these steps. When doing this, you can also easily transfer over your calendar as well which is a nice bonus. You don’t have to be an iPhone expert, Apple help support, or other computer tech help geek to do this. As long as you can follow instructions, you can transfer your Blackberry contacts to your iPhone.