Windows Vista, the new Microsoft operating system, is slated for early 2007. Does your current computer have what it takes to run Vista? Below are the necessary requirements:
A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
- A modern processor (at least 800MHz).
- 512 MB of system memory.
- A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs
Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista, such as the ability to watch and record live TV.
A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 1 GB of system memory.
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum) Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
- 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
- DVD-ROM Drive.
- Audio output capability.
- Internet access capability.