Printer ink cartridges are getting more expensive these days. There is an easy 5-step approach to optimizing your ink. Here’s how:
1. Set printer to draft mode. Although it sets printing to gray text, this is usually perfectly acceptable and readable.
2. Turn off color printing. Usually, only black ink is needed for word documents and color cartridges cost more than black ink.
3. Avoid wasting ink from printing excessive test pages or re-calibration of the cartridges.
4. Use multi-purpose page instead of glossy or heavy paper to optimize ink levels.
5. Buy your ink online via the printer manufacturer or Staples store generic brand.
The above options vary per printer, but should be discovered with a couple of clicks.