If you are experiencing slow startup on your Mac, below is a checklist of how to get back in the fast lane:
- Reset or replace PRAM battery. A reset is as easy as starting up your Mac while holding the Command, Option, P, and R keys. You’ll hear the startup chime twice and then you have to release the keys.
- Replace all peripherals besides your keyboard and mouse
- Ensure all cables are connected tightly
- Disconnect network cables.
- Remove startup issues. This may be found in the “Accounts” pane in System Preferences and the go to “Login Items” to remove any problematic startup items.
- Check for permissions issues