It might seem like a daunting task to mix your Mac in a Windows server environment. But, it’s not too difficult. There are a few steps to take to connect to a Windows server with a mac running Mac OS 10. This will allow you to access files on a Windows server.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Finder->Go and choose Connect to Server
- Type in smb://server_name/share_name
- Enter the workgroup/domain where the server is
- Enter your username and password for the server
- Your server share will appear in the Computer area in the Finder Window. You may select is as a preference so it appears on your desktop.