Ubuntu, if you haven’t heard, is a Linux operating system. It is no-frills, slimmed down operating system that starts up fast and remains fast when you’re working on it. Does that mean you should change to it from Windows?
Let’s look at the reasons why to switch to Ubuntu:
- It’s free!
- Installing hardware device drivers is a piece of cake with EasyUbuntu, a free program that installs everything automatically for you. Windows has you go to the manufacturer’s website and download/install them one by one.
- Synaptic Packager Manager allows Windows users to use a GUI, graphical user interface, that is just like Windows. Why not feel right at home?
- Linux has new versions every 6 months and come rolled in a software update tool, much like Windows update
- Good security with automatic disabling features so hackers cannot easily attack.
- Wireless is a snap with its built-in wireless config tool.
- No blue screens of death or operating system issues – it is as stable as it comes.
Next time you’re buying a new computer, see if it comes with Ubuntu. You may save a bundle of cash and be pleasantly surprised with the results.