With more software installed, and more memory-intensive applications, your computer might not have the same burst of speed it had when initially purchased. How can you speed up your computer? Below are the ways, from conservative to most aggressive, that you may take to increase your computer’s speed:
- Remove unnecessary programs and files to increase space. More space allows your computer to be faster.
- Remove any unneeded startup programs. This will remove any lag time by getting rid of background applications.
- Increase the RAM (memory).
- Back up your files and reinstall Windows. Every computer can use a good reinstall every couple of years to make it feel like new again.
- Replace the hard drive with a 7200 RPM speedy one.
- Ditch it for a new one!