If your laptop can’t get sound, you’re not out of luck. There a several steps to try before throwing your laptop out.
Here are the laptop repair steps to try for lacking audio:
- Check the volume! Make sure it’s not on mute or down low.
- Check any physical audio buttons on the side panel of your laptop. It might be set to very low.
- Look for any sound programs that might be preventing audio
- If that doesn’t work, your next decision is either changing the sound board or the motherboard.
- Step 4 is pricey, so skip it and plug in a USB laptop speaker instead and get instant sound!
Replacing a sound board or motherboard could cost close to a new laptop. Instead, you can buy a $40 portable USB laptop speaker that will perform a quick, cheap fix. Plus, you don’t need a tech repair person to set it up for you. You just plug it in, and as long as your USB port works, you’ll be listening to your favorite band in no time.