You no longer have to plunk down over $1,600 for the Adobe Creative Suite. Adobe Creative Suite includes: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Acrobat. People mainly buy Adobe Creative for advanced photo editing. But, if you need the perform advanced photo editing as a one-time instance or just some low-level picture work, you don’t have to pay so much for it.
Aviary is a free picture editing software that can pretty much do the basic functions of Adobe Creative Suite. Oh, by the way, it’s absolutely free! The cool part about Aviary is that is has gone a step above to allow you to install the program on your Internet browser, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. This is extremely helpful in being able to edit your Picasa, Flickr, or other online website that stores your pictures.
Aviary has the following free programs you may use:
- Image Editor – Retouch, brighten, and perform other basic image editing functions.
- Effects Editor – Have fun with lots of backgrounds, black and whites, and other color transformations.
- Screen Capture – An easy way to copy and paste online pictures into the Aviary editor.
- Vector Editor – Adjust your art to the vector specifications needed for logos, tee shirts, and more.
- Image Markup – Crop, resize, and mark-up edits may be done here.
- Color Editor – Inject the necessary color to produce a rich-colored picture.
You may also take advantage of Aviary’s audio editor that may help you create your own podcast. There is also a music program that gives you the instruments to produce your own songs. This free program is definitely worth trying. As long as you are comfortable using the Internet, you don’t have to be a computer genius to use it. The program is used in conjunction with your Internet browser so the tech setup is a piece of cake. Adobe Creative Suite better start making their program cheaper or they might lose out to Aviary very quickly. Well, not too many people know about Aviary yet.