Working out in your new Nike sneakers is fun. Working out with an automated personal trainer is even more fun.
What’s Nike +? Nike + is a sensor that is integrated into most Nike sneakers so that you can track your workout from your iPod, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4. For older sneakers without the integrated sensor, you can buy the Nike + small connector.
How do you set up the Nike + with your iPod or iPhone?
- The iPhone and iPod touch have internal receivers so no adapter is needed (just go to Settings->Nike->iPod and turn on), but the iPod nano needs to be connected to the the Nike + iPod receiver. You can buy the nano Nike + adapter from the Apple support store.
- Download and install the latest iTunes software.
- Update your Nike + device if prompted.
- Choose your type of workout. Going for distance? Calorie-burning? No goal for now?
- Choose your music. There’s nothing like a good dance mix to get the circulation going!
- Time to work out!
- Monitor and track your progress at Nike Plus.
I just bought my Nike + running sneakers and am loving the ability to track my progress. It’s an added motivation for me to work out. I’m also able to track my progress against others online. This pushes me even further since I’m a bit on the competitive side. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a tech geek, Apple genius, or iPhone support specialist to set this up.