Odd things can happen to laptops with simple keystrokes. A laptop screen may go sideways or go into miniature mode. The key is to remember or guess which combination of keyboard keys caused this mishap.
Here are the top 5 common laptop gaffes and the quick keyboard shortcut laptop repair fixes for them:
- Screen goes sideways – Hit CTRL + ALT simultaneously and then Up Arrow.
- Screen is too zoomed in or out – Hit CTRL and + or –
- Too many Windows; can’t see desktop – Press Windows logo on bottom left + M to minimize all Windows or Windows logo and Space bar for Windows 7
- Windows is frozen – CTRL + ALT + DELETE and end non-responding application or process
- Can’t open Internet Explorer – Close IE window by CTRL + W and then CTRL + N to open a new window.
If you are not sure what to do, it is a good idea to show the Windows error message you are getting or the computer issue you are seeing. Here’s how to show your Windows error: PRINT SCREEN then paste into Word or Paint file. Then, give it to your computer repair Windows technician to fix the PC issue.