Not happy with the quickly draining iPhone 4S battery? Don’t worry, Apple support has just released the iOS 5.0.1 update which increases the battery life.
Originally, it was thought that the iPhone 4S’ fast-chugging dual-core processor caused the battery to deplete faster than expected. But, there were also iPhone 3GS a iPhone 4 battery issues. So, the Apple genius folks assumed the new iOS, or iPhone operating system, for the version 5 caused this problem. In any case, the latest update to the operating system is supposed to take care of this. How much longer you will have with the iPhone battery fix is not clear.
Here is how you should tackle the iPhone 4S battery fix:
- Update your iPhone 4S to iOS 5.0.1.
- If no battery improvement, drain your battery down to 0% and then fully charge it to 100%.
- If still no improvement, turn off Location Services to see if that helps.
- If still no help, turn off some of your iCloud features which may interfere.
Other notable fixes with this update are:
- iPad 2 Smart Cover fix – before a user could access an owner’s app without knowing the password.
- iCloud fix – improves voice recognition of Aussies.
- iPad gesture fix – pinching screen to go back to home screen is now possible