If you are tinkering with writing a new book, it may be easier than you think. Previously, many aspiring writers may have been discouraged from picking up a pen or keyboard due to the tough publishing process. If you don’t know a good publisher, you may just as well forget your memoir or work of fiction.
Nowadays, if you can create an e-book, than your book may be seen and read easily. Instead of banging on doors, you can spread the advertising word via an e-book online. I’m going to show you how to specifically prep your e-book for the Kindle. Don’t worry, tech support or website computer expertise is not needed here.
- Format for the Kindle – Type your book in Microsoft Word. Include a title page, author info, body with images, and the back cover.
- Convert doc to prc file – The Kindle e-book format is a .prc file. So, you need to convert to this format. Download and install Mobipocket Creator. It’s free. Choose Home Edition to install. Open up the program and choose “Import from Existing File.” Then, import from MS Word Document by browsing to your doc to select it.
- Touch up your e-book – Include a cover by clicking the Cover Image option. You can also create a table of contents if needed. When done tinkering around with your book, select the Build option to complete the process.
- Preview your e-book – Check out your masterpiece! You can preview it within the Kindle Previewer. This is another freebie. Just download it and open your prc file. The cool part is you can see how your e-book will also look on different devices, such as the iPhone and iPad.
- Register with Amazon – Now, you can sell your e-book to the masses by registering with Amazon. You can use your existing account or create a new one. Here’s where you can market your book to certain audiences or keywords. Once set up, you can finish up by uploading your book cover and book prc file.