Computer viruses are an absolute nuisance. They come when you least expect it, and typically prevent you from getting on the Internet. At the worst, it could corrupt your files or operating system, and totally crash your computer.
Removing viruses is not as simple as it used to be. In the good ol’ days, you just had to run a virus scan with your antivirus software, and then they were gone. Today, the virus infection creators have gone extra steps to create new virus remnants, typically going into stealth mode beyond virus software detection.
How can you remove a virus quickly?
- Run a scan with your antivirus software. If it can’t remove it, hopefully it will quarantine it so the rest of your files are unaffected.
- Back up your files right away. If you can, copy your files to an external hard drive. Ensure your pictures and files are safe.
- If the virus scan doesn’t help, bring your computer to a certified NYC virus removal company. They will remove your virus.
What should you look for in a good virus removal company?
- Make sure they give a free diagnostic or cost estimate first.
- If they are good, they won’t just opt to back up your files and reinstall Windows. Operating system reinstalls should only happen in extreme cases when the virus corrupts the operating system. Please note that operating system reinstalls do not restore settings or programs, just data. So, that’s a big hassle if that happens.
- Ensure the computer virus removal techs will leave you with a good virus protection solution going forward. The last thing you want is to get infected again.