So, you’re finally ready to ditch your old Palm. You’ll need save your contacts and calendar and transfer it over to another program. You can convert it over to Outlook which is the easiest way to go. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be an Outlook expert or Microsoft certified expert to do this.
Here’s how to import your Palm Address Book into Outlook Contacts:
- In Palm desktop, click Address
- Click File->Export
- Type Contacts in File Name
- Select Commas Separated Values in Export Type list
- Click All next to Range and Export
- Click OK twice in the Specify Export Fields box.
- Open your Contacts.csv file from My Documents or wherever else you saved it.
- Create a new header row by inserting new row at the top of your spreadsheet.
- Then, add the following header column names in this order: First Name, Last Name, Title, Company, Work, Home, Other, E-mail, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country, Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3, Custom 4, Note, Private, Category
- Save file.
- Open up Outlook->File->Import and Export.
- Import from another program or file->Next
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows)->Next
- Browse and select Contacts.csv from My Documents or wherever you saved it
- Click Contacts->Next->Finish