Gmail is great. But, there are some tricks to make it even better.
Here are the best Gmail tricks to improve your email experience:
- Handy Keyboard Shortcuts – c = compose new email; ! = report spam; g + t = go to sent folder
- Consolidate all your email accounts – If you have more than one email account, you can set them all up under one Gmail account for sending and receiving. Here’s how: Go to Gmail Settings -> Accounts -> Add another mail account.
- Be told when you have new email – No need to keep Gmail open. Just install the Gmail notifier to have it check email for you and notify you.
- Send text messages via Gmail – Go to Settings -> Labs -> Chat and SMS and enter the phone number in the chat box and text away.
- Organize your inbox better – Go to Labels -> More -> Create new label and type your new folder or label name and click Create. You can even create a subfolders. For instance, if you have Family as a folder, but want to create Cousins under Family, you just have to create Family/Cousins and you have an instant subfolder.
You don’t have to be a Gmail expert to use these tricks. They will help improve your email support experience and make you more productive.