Removing programs on a Mac is simple, but you’ll want to make sure you remove the full program to prevent future software conflicts. Plus, it’s good to remove all program files to have the most amount of space possible on your Mac.
Here’s how to properly remove a Mac program:
- Click on your Hard Drive and select Applications on the left-hand pane.
- Highlight the program you’d like to uninstall.
- Drag your program to the Trash.
- Empty Trash by right-clicking Trash and select Empty Trash.
- If you had a shortcut to the application, you can drag it to the Trash and Empty Trash after as well.
There are third-party software utilities, such as TrashMe and CleanGenius, to get rid of Mac programs, but you really don’t need to be a Mac expert, Apple genius, or fork out money to follow the above five easy Mac how-to steps.