The ZeroAccess Rootkit virus is truly affecting lots of PCs. It’s a nasty little rootkit that just gets worse and worse if left unprotected. Specifically, it enters your computer under the guise of a helpful antivirus or antispyware software, there to help you. Once clicked on, it will download rogue security software.
What’s the worst ZeroAccess can do to your computer?
- Everything will be much slower.
- Your web searches will be redirected.
- You’ll get tons of computer pop-ups during browsing.
How do you know if you are infected with Zero Access?
- You’ll see a pop-up on the bottom-right of your computer with the text: Win 7 AntiVirus, Win 7 Internet Security or Win 7 Security.
- You’ll get high-level security alerts that your computer is infected.
- A computer hard drive (fake) scan may be performed.
How can you remove Zero Access rootkit?
- Don’t download the Win 7 Antivirus or other pop-up you get.
- Download and run Norton Power Eraser.
- Update and run a full scan of your antivirus software.
If that doesn’t work, you may have New York Computer Help remove the ZeroAccess rootkit for you. We have lots of experience with this trojan and will be able to offer you a flat rate at $85 – $125 depending on the severity of infection.