Working with iTunes is pretty easy, but what about if you have to move your iTunes stuff to another computer? It’s not a matter of how to do it, but which method. You can transfer your iTunes music, apps, photos, movies, and other stuff by: home sharing, external drive, purchase transfers, and Windows Migration Assistant.
The easiest way to transfer your iTunes media is by the Home Sharing method. Here’s how to do it:
- Install the latest iTunes on both computers.
- Open iTunes on both.
- On old computer, turn off home sharing under File-Devices
- On new computer, go to Store-Authorize computer and enter Apple ID and password.
- Go to Advanced-Turn on Home Sharing-Select Home sharing icon
- Click Home share and transfer over your iTunes library.
That’s it, no need to be an iTunes genius, Apple expert, or computer geek.