You can use a USB drive to share files, set up a computer network, or more easily, for Macs, just set up screen sharing.
Here’s how to screen share among your Macs:
- Go to Apple->System Preferences->Sharing
- Select Screen Sharing box and allow access to the users you choose, or all users
- Set up a password when prompted.
- From another Mac, go to Finder and look for the other Mac in the Shared category. Click it and select Share Screen. You’ll have access by entering the password.
- If you have a PC or another device, then you’ll need to pull up your shared Mac screen with an IP address.
No need to be a Mac expert of computer guru on this. Easy stuff!