Here’s a bummer: Your laptop doesn’t power up. Period. Not fun at all. So, sure cry a little bit, kvetch and complain. But, just know there may be a very easy fix.
Here’s the easiest way to fix a laptop that is not powering up:
- First, take a deep breath.
- Ground yourself. That means don’t rub your feet against the carpet.
- Place your laptop on a desk.
- Remove the AC adapter, a.k.a. the charger
- Turn the laptop over.
- Remove the battery.
- Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Plug in the battery and AC adapter.
- Press the power button and celebrate!
Of course, it may not always be so simple. But, it’s worth a shot. Plus, if you fix it, you will then become the laptop repair service geek among your friends. Well, at least in your head.