Your external hard drive won’t mount on your Mac. How do you know? It says so! Not good. Not good at all. What do you do?
You can try a few easy steps to fix your drive that won’t mount on your Mac:
- First, try the obvious. Try another USB port on your Mac.
- If that works, great! End of story.
- If not, turn of your Mac.
- Turn it on and hold the shift key as soon as you hear the chime.
- It will check the startup disk and then hopefully fix your external drive
- If that doesn’t work, you will probably have to bring it to an unmountable external drive Mac specialist.
1 thought on “External drive won’t mount – How to fix Mac external hard drive”
Comments are closed.