Windows 10 has taken its lumps. It’s slow. It crashes. It is not fun.
That’s not always the case. On new computers, it works really well. It’s when you decide to be a little too rambunctious and try upgrading your 7-plus old computer to Windows 10 from Windows XP or Vista is when you may be having problems.
Keep in mind your Windows 10 problem may be that it’s:
- too slow
- it freezes
- it blue screens
- it doesn’t start
- it tries to repair errors constantly
So, here’s the straight-forward guide to fixing your Windows 10 problem:
- First, check the hard drive. If your drive is failing, there’s no sense fixing the operating system. You can download and run SeaTools hard drive test which is free.
- If the drive checks out fine, then you may want to just play a mulligan, you know save one of you 9 lives by reverting back to your old operating system. If you just upgraded within 30 days, go back to your Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or dare I say it, Windows XP. You can go back by going to Settings – > Update & security – > Recovery
- If that’s not an option, run a virus removal on your system. Maybe you’ve been infected.
- If all else fails, call in a Windows 10 repair NYC service expert to help you.