Fixing your computer doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, with a few computer support tricks of the trade, you can still get around your laptop issue and not spend a ton. Some may call these band-aid fixes. Others call is fixing your laptop on the cheap. Whatever you call it, it’s fixing your computer without dropping a truckload of cash.
Here are some IT service scenarios where you can repair your laptop on the cheap:
- Laptop left-cursor key doesn’t work? Buy a $10 USB mouse and click away.
- Laptop keys don’t work? Buy a $20 USB keyboard and connect it.
- Laptop screen doesn’t work? Buy a cheap $70 monitor and hook it up to put your laptop video on it.
- Overheating laptop? Stick a $20 cooling plate underneath it to cool it down.
- Laptop fan error? Buy a $4 can of compressed air and see if blowing out some dust from the fan vent may help.