The Amazon Fire TV stick is a media streaming device that is no bigger than just a USB. It converts your normal television into a smart TV with an amazing quantity of content like streaming videos, installing apps, and playing games. This technology is one of the best hardware streaming devices and connects you to the world of online entertainment.
However, the frequent loss of internet connection in this portable streaming device can hinder your entertainment. This article will address almost all the major issues related to internet connectivity, along with detailed solutions without the need for an Amazon AWS certification.
Setting up Amazon Fire TV stick at home can be done in just a few steps.
- Start by plugging in your fire TV stick into your TV’s HDMI port, and then secure the power adapter into an outlet.
- Use the USB cable to attach the power adapter and your Fire TV. Batteries come along with the pack, put batteries in your Fire TV remote.
- Turn on your television to switch to the correct HDMI input.
- Keep pressing the home button until ‘Press To Start’ surfaces on your screen, if your remote is not connected automatically. The instructions will be mentioned on your screen to guide you to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Now all you need to do is log in to your Amazon account.
However, without a Wi-Fi connection or a disturbing internet connection, you would not be able to explore the unlimited features of the Fire TV stick.
Amazon Fire TV stick is one of the best streaming devices in the market. However, there can be frequent loss of internet connection.
There are many possible reasons for facing frequent disconnection on Amazon Fire Stick. Once you know the exact problem, it will be easier for you to encounter the solution.
Maybe your wi-fi router is too far from your Amazon Fire TV that it creates weaker signals causing an interruption in your entertainment. Put both of them closer in order to avoid this.
Make sure to check out if your wi-fi router has unlimited access to the internet. If it has any limitations, then it will prevent the Amazon Fire TV Stick from connecting to your router. You should verify that the router doesn’t have a DHCP disabled; else you have to specify a static IP to the Fire TV stick.
If your wi-fi meets the set limit, then you can either increase the number of connections or disconnect a device in the covered area. Also, try to select a unique IP address through your router’s DHCP menu.
Examine your router’s admin panel to assure that your Fire TV stick is not blacklisted or blocked, otherwise, make the necessary changes.
Make sure you do not hide your wi-fi network while you are trying to connect your Fire TV stick. The reason is that it will not be in your view on the screen when you try to connect. If you do not wish to unhide it, you can follow the given steps to connect with the hidden network.
- Open Fire TV stick settings
- Click on network
- Go to the end and press ‘Join Other Network’
- Move the play/pause keys of the Fire TV stick remote on the alphabets of your SSID name
- Press the type of security of your network
- Insert your security code/password
- Approve the details and press ‘Continue’
If you find no other problem with the router, try to reboot your router. Settings usually set themselves in default when you reboot it. There are more troubleshooting ways if it does not work out well.
When you connect to the earlier network and you face some authentication issue, then you should try ‘forget and reconnect’ it.
- Go to Fire TV stick settings
- Click the ‘network’ option
- Open your network’s menu button
- Confirm the ‘forget’ button by pressing the circular button in the center
It would not only troubleshoot internet issues but will also help you with the connectivity issues of your remote.
Start off by pressing the center button on your Fire TV stick remote until ‘Your Amazon Fire TV Is Powering Off’ shows up. It will restart right after 2-3 seconds. Another way of doing the same thing is in the settings menu.
- Open settings
- Click on the ‘My Fire TV’ option
- Go on the restart button
- Confirm your action by clicking restart
The advantage of the HDMI extender is that it helps to fit into the HDMI port of your TV. It comes along with every Fire TV stick. It improves the performance of your wi-fi connection.
The last option when nothing works out well, then you should put your Fire TV stick to its factory default settings. However, you must note that it will remove all the previous content.
The primary purpose of this article is to provide you with a detailed guide to get the best of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Hopefully, the tips mentioned above will help you resolve the connectivity issues of your Fire TV stick.