Sick of your boob tube? Don’t want to pay so much for your TV cable every month? Okay, then you should look at some alternatives, including:
- Get a DVI to HDMI cable – That way, you can connect your computer to your TV. Then, just stream movies, Hulu, Netflix to your TV so you really don’t have to worry about channel surfing.
- Boxee – Browse for shows on the Internet plus turn your iPhone into a remote control.
- Roku – Very affordable at $50 and offers over 600 channels. Also comes with free Internet radio.
- Apple TV – Stream everything Apple support-wise and get solid sports channels.
- Google TV – TV channels, apps and the Internet. Hey, it’s Google. Good stuff.
These tech solutions are fun, but keep in mind you will need a decent TV to run them off of. Also, the tech setup is pretty straight-forward, but you may have some bumps and bruises getting it to work right away if you have an older TV.