Got a laptop virus? Maybe you don’t even know you have a virus and your computer won’t start. Whatever the cause or symptom, you should get rid of the infection right away so you don’t cause any other computer issues. The longer the virus festers, the more your files and system will be at risk.
Here’s how to remove your laptop virus:
- Shut down your laptop if it’s still powered on.
- Remove the network cable, if connected.
- Turn on your computer in safe mode by starting and pressing the F8 key. Select Start Mode with Networking when prompted for options.
- Update and run a full scan of your antivirus software.
- Reboot when done and see if your computer is acting normally again.
- If not, call the hotline at New York Computer Help and have an NYC computer virus expert come to you or drop off your computer at 53 East 34th Street for quick virus removal in NYC.