Need PC repair? Don’t we all? But seriously, if your PC is on the fritz, and I mean really fritzing away with viruses, slowness, or no giddy-up at all, you need to find a PC repair shop that’s right for you.
Now, let’s take a step back and define PC repair shop first. It is one that repairs not just Windows desktops, but also laptops. After all, mostly laptops are brought over to such shops since they’re more portable.
Alright, let’s get to it. What questions should you ask to screen for the best PC repair shop you can find:
- Free diagnostics – Do you provide free diagnostics?
- Certified – Are you certified to work with Windows? Do you have any Dell, Lenovo, IBM, or other certifications?
- Warranty – How long do you warranty your service for?
- Guarantee – If you can’t fix it, you won’t charge me, right?
- Timing – Can you fix it today or in a few days?
- Experience – Has your business been around awhile?
- Personality – No questions here. Just go on feel. Do you feel the warm and fuzzies as well as competence when speaking with the tech rep? Do you feel the love? The care?
If these questions are answered in a positive affirmation and you feel the timing and warranty periods work for you, then you’ve found your place. Don’t overthink it, but certainly call 2-3 places or go on a trusted referral that you have. Take the time to find the best PC repair shop for you and you’ll have a solid IT resource going forward.