You just bought a new MacBook Air. Congrats! But, there are a few tweaks to perform while setting it up. It will save you a little hassle down the road. Apple support gives you your new MacBook Air with factory defaults. That means some options or configurations are not enabled that should be. So, I’ll show you what you need to look out for.
Here are the best MacBook Air setup tips you should do:
- Turn on tap-to-click: Go to Preferences->Trackpad->Tap to Click
- Turn on tap-to-drag: Go to Preferences->Accessibility->Mouse & Trackpad->Trackpad options->Enable dragging
- Show Hard drive on desktop: Finder->Preferences->General->Show these items
- Turn on Find My Mac: Preferences->iCloud->log in->Use Find My Mac
- Turn on battery percentage: Left click on battery icon->Show percentage
These five MacBook Air support tips will help your experience a bit quicker in navigating and getting around your Mac.