How to setup wireless router – set up wireless router – easiest / fastest way to set up wireless router
Getting your office or home network up and running on a wireless router should not be hard. Yes, all wireless routers come with their own nifty configuration manuals and software. But, in the end, you don’t need to follow the instructions. There’s an easier way to set up your wireless router.
Here’s the easiest way to set up your wireless router:
- Connect your modem to your wireless router using a network cable.
- Make sure to connect your wireless router’s power adapter to a plug.
- Connect your router to your Mac or PC using a network cable.
- Go to the Internet and type in a browser the IP address of your router. You can find this in your router’s instruction manual. If you can’t find it, try: http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1.
- Enter the default username and password which may also be found in your router’s manual.
- You’ll be in the router’s web interface. Set up the network name and password.
- Disconnect your computer from the wireless router and connect to your wireless network.
Just seven steps to set up your wireless network. Make sure to create a password and remember it. Keep it hacker-free!