Phone Running Hot? 3 Easy Steps to Fix it.
We’ve all been here. You’re working along on your iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, or another smartphone, when all of a sudden, your phone is getting hotter than normal. Sometimes, it may feel like fire. Whatever’s going on, your phone is running dangerously hot. Way too hot to be safe. So, what now? What do you do?
1.Put on your detective hat and find out where the heat is coming from.
The biggest culprits are the battery and the charging port. Feel with your hand if the heat is coming from the battery casing. Or plug in your charger and see if your phone gets hotter around your charging port when doing so. You can easily replace your charger if that’s the issue. If it’s the battery, you can replace it if up for the tech challenge. Or you can see out a local phone repair shop to take care of this for you.
2. Is your phone really overheating? Or are you overreacting?
Generally, a phone’s internal temperature can reach up to 98.6 – 109.4 degrees Fahrenheit which is still considered a normal reading. But, if goes higher, that’s when you may be in trouble. You can check your iPhone temperature by using the Apple Battery Health menu which is in Settings->Battery. You’ll find any issue with your battery here. A better utility you can use for the iPhone and all Androids to check the status of your battery as well as all other small parts is the Don’t get to this point!
Don’t get to this point!
You can take better care of your battery with these battery maintenance steps.
- Turn down your brightness. Stop making yourself a deer in headlights!
- Need to watch Netflix or Amazon Video. That’s fine, but give your phone a break between shows. Binge watching can kill phone batteries, people!
- Going on vacation? To a warm climate? Put a towel or shirt over your phone when taking a dip. Direct sunlight is also harmful to your phone, not just to your skin.
- Got a virus? That will spike up your processor and battery usage. You can download a Free Android Avast Antivirus Scanner or an iPhone Avira Antivirus Scanner.
The big message here is act! Don’t just say, “Oh, my phone runs a little hot, but it still works.” No, those are famous last words there. You really should take care of it before it’s too late. Your phone heat is a message to get help. Stop, drop, and roll! Fix it! Or get a phone repair shop who can!