Top 10 SEO Apps Every Business Needs to Rock 2020
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an essential strategy in any business trying to find customers or build their brand through the internet. Perfecting SEO skills can be difficult for first-timers. Fortunately, you can quickly delve into SEO with the help of some applications. We have taken the liberty to compile a list of the top 10 SEO apps every business needs to have in 2020. But before we proceed, we will provide a brief definition of search engine optimization.
What Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization refers to the best practices for growing website traffic from users of web search engines to a particular website or webpage. SEO refers to the improvement of organic search traffic that will improve your website’s visibility when users enter specific queries into a search engine.
NB: Every successful SEO campaign starts with a sound computer system. SEO best practices do not depend on which operating system you use (Windows or Mac OS), but your computers must be in optimum condition.
You can learn how to speed up your computer, clean up your junk files and folders, and read about the best PC repair software online.
Types of SEO Apps
SEO tools can be classified into the following types of applications below are various kinds of SEO apps:
- Keyword research apps
- Rank tracking apps
- On-page SEO apps
- Analytics apps
- Link building apps
- Technical SEO apps
10 SEO apps every business needs in 2020
- Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free rank tracking and keyword tool available for free to any website owner. You can monitor your website’s ranking for organic searches using the Google Search Console. This tool can help you understand how Google users view your site, enabling you to optimize your webpages for higher ranking in Google search results.
- You get to control which web pages are indexed and how your website is represented by submitting a sitemap.
- View common keywords that are associated with your website.
- Know which web pages are the most popular and Identify any website security issues.
Ubersuggest is a keyword finder app that shows how keywords rank in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). This tool helps businesses to identify specific keywords and their user search intent.
Ubersuggest provides both short-tail and long-tail keywords that will help you mold your website content to drive traffic. You can also use this SEO app to determine the feasibility and competitiveness of keywords.
- Ubersuggest shows organic monthly traffic
- View backlinks on a webpage or website
- View the top pages for any keyword
SEMrush is an all-in-one SEO platform for improving website visibility and content marketing. SEMrush is for competitive businesses focused on maintaining a robust online presence across all critical channels, including search engines and social media. With more than 40 different SEO tools within the app, SEMrush is a formidable software for digital marketing teams in every growing business.
- Competitor Analysis
- Multi-platform SEO content management
- Integration with Google and task management platforms
- Keyword tracking and research
- Moz Pro
Moz Pro is another all-in-one SEO app that provides access to website tracking with website performance, link building, and keyword performance. With this tool, you can analyze your competitors’ efforts, support your keyword research process, and find new opportunities for link building.
- Explore hundreds of keywords worth targeting along with Keyword Difficulty scores, competitor research, and SERP analysis.
- Track the performance of hundreds of your traffic-driving keywords across several search engines.
- Moz SEO offers website crawling, finding technical SEO issues, and recommending improvements and fixes.
Ahrefs is a complete SEO toolset for SEO. Ahrefs uses data obtained from web crawling to aid keyword research, link building, content marketing, and SEO strategies. This SEO tool helps to accelerate the growth of organic search traffic to your website.
- Website optimization
- Analyze your competitors
- Understand user intent behind customers search queries
- Learn from your industry’s top-performing content
- Track your SERP ranking progress
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a cloud-based analytics tool that enables businesses to track website visitors, customer interactions, and share marketing insights via third-party referrals. Google Analytics allows you to create semi-custom dashboards for your analytics.
- Discover where your best visitors are located
- Identify your best-performing pages
- See what customers are searching for on your site.
- Rank Math
Rank Math is a WordPress SEO plugin that provides on-page optimization suggestions. Rank Math offers an easy to follow setup wizard, simple user interface, and a modular framework.
- Adding structured data markup for rich snippets
- Redirecting URLs
- Discover and fix dead links on your site
- SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is an SEO toolset for optimizing & improving website content, organizing backlink campaigns, and tracking your progress. SEO PowerSuite is a cross-platform and multilingual software available on Mac and Windows OS.
- Rank Tracker – keyword research, rank tracking, and competitor analysis
- WebSite Auditor – Site structure optimization, on-page optimization
- SEO SpyGlass – discover and analyze site’s backlinks
- LinkAssistant – organize link building and outreach campaigns.
- Answer The Public
This SEO tool allows you to easily find keywords to write about for a website’s blog. You can use this tool to create content (like FAQs) around specific keywords to improve SERP ranking.
- See what questions web users are asking about a particular keyword
- Keyword ranking
- Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test checks how easily web users can access a webpage on a website from a mobile device. This tool helps uncover specific mobile-usability issues such as text size, website layout, and incompatible plugins.
Given that the mobile access to the web is on the rise, your websites must be mobile-friendly to improve its overall SERP performance.
The market for SEO apps has been saturated with different kinds of tools for different SEO categories.
You do not need to have every tool on the list above; you should pick the one that works best for your business.
Knowing how to choose the right SEO software for your company could be tricky. You have to consider the features, pricing, and SEO strategies that will boost your business’ visibility on search engines.