Webcam is not working for Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams. How can I fix it?
This is a popular tech issue during COVID-19. My webcam is not working for my video meeting. How can I fix it?
Nowadays, webcams are the lifeblood of our existence during coronavirus. Video meetings won’t work without a working webcam. Otherwise, you may just pick up the phone and have an old-school chat.
If your webcam doesn’t work, here are the steps to take first:
- Close all other programs that use the webcam, such as Google Meet, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, etc.
- Exit current Zoom meetings by clicking “Exit” from the top-right Zoom icon.
- An easy fix is make sure your webcam physical switch is turned on.
- Another easy fix is to make sure your FN key on a Windows keyboard is also toggled to on, not off or disabled by holding down FN and the key that has the webcam icon in the upper FN key from F1 – F12 keys.
- Uninstall Zoom and reinstall the latest Zoom version.
Still having webcam issues? Contact the big guns at New York Computer Help for your webcam repair, webcam replacement, or another webcam fix for your computer.