You may have a few smudges, dirt, or other shmutz on your iPhone. Hey, I don’t judge where you take your iPhone. Seedy, dirty places like the…barn with animals may be your choice hang-out. Where did you think I was going to say? Even the cleanest of places will still leave a nice fingerprint trail on your iPhone after all the use and abuse you put on it.
What’s the best way to clean your fingerprint smudges and gunk off your iPhone:
- Cloth type – Make sure you use a microfiber cloth. No paper towels or toilet paper. They’ll respectively leave scratch streaks and leave funky TP residue. These cloths are the same ones that come with your new sunglasses. The oily-type kind.
- Turn it off – Make sure your iPhone is fully off before you start cleaning the window. The rational is twofold: electronic shock is prevented when cleaning and you’ll see the smudge marks better on the black or dark screen.
- Clean in circles – Give the screen a once over by going in circles. No Karate Kid wax on, wax off here. Go circular with your motions to ensure no streaks.
- Lightly moisten trouble spots – Still see marks or gunk? Put a tiny drop off water on your cloth and wipe in circles some ore.
- Let it dry – Make sure your iPhone dries up totally before turning it on.