Windows 10 doesn’t have to seem foreign to you. You can spruce it up and customize the Windows 10 Start Menu so you can get to the programs and stuff you need fast right away.
Here’s how you can customize your Windows 10 Start Menu:
- Go to Start->Settings->Personalization->Start
- Enable “Most used apps” to have them appear right away.
- You don’t have to enable “Show recently added apps” as it will have your last installed programs appear first. No need to have this show up right away.
- The next option is my favorite, “Use Start full screen” is really easy on the eyes to see the whole Start button across the screen. Enable this one.
- Another favorite, “Choose which folders appear on Start,” you can select Documents, Downloads, Network and your other favorites to appear here.
- If you want to get fancy, you can even change the color of your Start menu by going to Start->Settings-Personalization->Colors.
The key here is you can personalize your start menu without cluttering your desktop. Plus, it makes it nice and neat which is how your computer should be.