Oh yes, computer viruses could get downright nasty. The nice ones slow down your computer. The evil ones play games with you, preventing you from accessing your desktop icons or spamming out your customer list. Whichever poison you caught, honestly let’s face it, you probably deserve it. You most likely went to websites you shouldn’t have gone to, i.e. porn, free music downloads, etc. Okay, okay, maybe you inadvertently clicked on a bad website link or email attachment so don’t feel too guilty about it. Shameful or not, I’ll help you through getting rid of your little nasty of a computer virus.
- Got virus software? If you do and it’s a paid version, pat yourself on the back. See if you can run the updates for it and run a full scan. You may just get lucky and remove your virus.
- If your anti-virus software is not up to snuff, don’t be a cheapskate, but one! Norton, Avast, and Trend Micro are a few solid ones to go with.
- If you cannot install or run anti-virus software, run an online scanner, such as Microsoft Safety Scanner to pinpoint and remove computer infections.
- If the first three steps still don’t work, boot into Safe Mode with Networking by restarting your computer and press F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Then, run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.
- After, run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove your PC viruses and spyware.
- Boot into normal mode and see if you can run a full virus scan.
- Is your PC still acting strangely? Contact an NYC PC virus removal company to remove your computer virus.