iTunes 11 is out. Just another version that the Apple support folks has put out there. I personally feel the Apple engineers have watered down the software with so many versions, but I commend them for constantly updating the software.
What’s new with iTunes 11?
- Next Up – See what song is on deck or set which song to play next.
- updated Genius – Click a single song to prompt a Genius playlist.
- new Search – Drill down to the song, album and other criteria.
- Cover Flow – Being visually-oriented, this is a sad feature to lose. Now, you cannot search by album cover.
- iTunes DJ – Disappointed on this one. A great party feature.
I like the new interface of iTunes 11, but the removal of cover flow and iTunes DJ is a bummer. Hopefully the updated Genius and new search features will make up for it. I’m not too positive about the loss of iTunes features and hope version 12 will correct these Apple issues. Speaking of Mac issues, if you need iTunes help, go to the experts at New York Computer Help.