Is your office having computer issues? Are the computer issues building up. Maybe your office manager, Bill, has done a good job up until this point, but he doesn’t have the time or energy to keep battling IT issues. Fred in the mail room has been a worthy fighter of computer viruses, but hey, the mail has to get delivered and packages have to be shipped.
When your internal resources are exhausted, it’s time to look elsewhere. It’s time to look for an expert. A computer technician who can come in to save the time. Unlike Superman, there are many computer repair technicians you may choose for your office. Many one-man shows and some good computer repair service companies.
How do you choose the best onsite computer service for your office?
- Check reviews – Yelp them and read up on their staff. See if they receive positive reviews and get a feel for their tech backgrounds.
- Personality check – Call up and speak to a manager or higher up. Get a feel for the tone of the voice and customer service. Does it seem like they care?
- Cost – If you are budget-driven, ask for rates and any special plans.
- Timing – Can they come out in the same day? Maybe it’s not urgent now, but you’ll want someone who can attend to your IT emergency in the future right away.
- References – Ask for 1-2 references if you’re planning to have periodic maintenance or something more set in place like an IT outsourcing plan. Get a feel for how other customers’ experiences have been.
- Test them out – If you’re unsure between 2-3 IT service companies, test them out for an issue each. There’s no better way then putting them to the test and going through the whole process.