Your PC doesn’t turn on. Yup, it’s a pretty scary thing. Your photos. Work files. Emails. Will you lose them? You need the Internet now.
Can’t get on. This is definitely not fun.
As your trusty PC repair support advisor, I’m here to put you on the right path to PC fix stardom.
Here are the steps to take to fix a PC that won’t power on:
- Is the power cable plugged in?
- Make sure any power strip or surge protector is turned on.
- Make sure the monitor is turned on.
- Make sure the actual computer is turned on by pressing the power button.
- Is the computer sleeping? Press some keys to turn it on.
- If you have a desktop, make sure the power supply outlet in the back is turned to ON.
- Try plugging your computer into another wall outlet. NYC has been known to have bad circuits.
- If steps 1-7 fail, then unplug any peripherals, i.e. external hard drive, printer cables, iPhones, devices, then boot up the computer again.
- Reseat the RAM by taking them out and putting them back in. This will require a screwdriver and unscrewing 2 screws.
- If you have a laptop, take out the battery and disconnect the power cable, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, then insert battery, connect the power cable and turn on. Maybe it needs a power reset.