If you have a choice, you should always install a 32-bit software on your computer. That even goes for if your computer is operating on 64-bit operating system. In a nutshell, you’ll have less IT issues.
For Office 365, it is installed as a 32-bit program by default, even on 64-bit operating system computers. That’s good news. Now, when would you need to install it as a 64-bit program? If your excel database or worksheet is very large, or you’re starting to receive no more cell or other capacity computer error messages, then it’s time to upgrade.
How can you install the the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office?
- Log into Office.com online with your Microsoft Account.
- Go to your Account.
- Go to Language and install options.
- Click on Additional install options.
- Select 64-bit on drop-down.
- Click Install.
- Run Setup and complete the installation.
To summarize, use 64-bit when your files are huge in size and take up a lot of processing.